What is Zip Books?
Zip Books is a service for customers to request books and audiobooks that are not in the Stanislaus County Library's catalog. The item is delivered to your home for a six-week checkout, free of charge, using Amazon Prime.
Be aware Amazon is having delivery delays. Please be patient as waiting times for Zip Books have been extended beyond our control.
Libraries are accepting the return of Zip Books. Materials can be returned to a staff member during modified service hours.
- Must have a valid Stanislaus County Library card in good standing ($50 or less in fines) and a valid email address.
- Materials can be regular or large print books, or books on CD not in the library catalog (or last copy in Lost or Trace status).
- Materials must be less than $50 for books or $75 for books on CD or foreign language materials.
- Materials cannot be of an academic library scope. For academic titles, please use LINK+.
- Zip Books can be requested once a week. 1 Zip Book out at a time. Please return Zip Books promptly when finished.
- Zip Books will be mailed directly to your home in 2-3 days after approval. Items are on loan for 6 weeks. Item due date included with email confirmation. Zip Books cannot be renewed.
- When returning Zip Books, please hand directly to a staff member and notify them you are returning a Zip Book. Please DO NOT place items in book return. The item should be returned in good condition. If the item is in poor condition or not returned, the cost of the item will be charged to your account and you will not be able to use the service again until the fee is paid.
- Please allow 1-2 business days for processing requests.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zip Books is funded by California Library Services Act funds.