Library Catalog User's Guide
To search for a specific title:
- Select either “Title Keyword” or “Title Exact” in the drop-down search menu.
- Type in the title you are seeking, for example: “Real Business Plans and Marketing Tools” and click “Go.”
- The record page will pop up and you can scroll down to view the call number and status of each copy of this title.
Tip: Any text in blue on the record page is a link to another search, either by author or subject, which will bring up yet another list of titles.
To search for a specific author:
- Select “Author Exact” in the drop-down search menu.
- Type in the author you are seeking, last name first! For example: “Lesko, Matthew”
- The list of authors closest to the one you entered will pop up. Click on the name of the one you seek.
- Now the list of titles by this author appears and you can scroll through and choose the one that interests you most and see if it is currently available.
Tip: Use the “Sort by” drop down in the upper right corner to help organize the results by title, publication date, or call number to make them easier to find.
To search for a subject:
- Select “Subject Keyword” in the drop-down search menu.
- Type in the general subject you are seeking, for example: “small business”
- This brings up a list of cataloged subject headings from which to choose.
Tip: If “Subject Keyword” is getting no results, try choosing “Anyword” from the drop-down search menu instead. This searches more broadly and will likely produce results.
- If you don’t see what you want on the first page, be sure to click on the next page number in the lower right corner to move to the next one.
- Select your subject, for example: “Small business—planning.”
- This will bring up a list of titles under that subject heading. Again, select the title you want and see if it is available.
If you need help, please see a librarian at the Reference Desk or call 558-7814.
|Send library website questions or comments to Library Webmaster.
Revised: August 20, 2007