Computer Use Policy
- You must have a valid Stanislaus County Library Card to use an Internet station.
- You must sign up in person. The PC Reservation System assigns the first available computer at the time the user signs up.
- You may use the computer up to 180 minutes a day (three 60 minute sessions). The individual signing up must be the one using the computer.
- No more than two people may sit at a computer in the Internet area. Only one user and two observers allowed at a children's computer at one time.
- To use the adult Internet stations are reserved for ages 13 years and older. When using an adult internet station as an exception, customers aged 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with a valid Stanislaus County Library card. The parent or guardian must remain at the computer with the child to monitor use.
- Children's Internet stations are reserved for children ages 2-15. Children aged 2-7 must have an adult with them at the computer at all times.
- Computers are automatically turned off before the library closes.
- Be on time. Please be aware that the reservation system gives you only a 5-minute sign-in period. If you are more than 5 minutes late, your reservation is cancelled. If you are not able to keep your reservation, you should cancel it in the system.
- Please view your document under 'print preview' to make sure you are sending exactly what you need to the printer. Black and white prints are ten cents per page; color prints are twenty-five cents per page. Library cardholders receive an allocation of twenty cents of printer credit per day.
- Users must perform their own searches, though staff may provide minimal assistance.
- No personal files will be saved on the hard drive. The use of flash drives is permitted.
- In the event of an equipment or power failure, Library staff will work with you to reschedule a time and/or offer alternative sources for information. The Library is not responsible for any damage or loss of data arising from the use of equipment, programs or other library materials.
Date developed: August 2004
Dates revised: July 2009, January 2010, October 2014, February 2018